background

Monday, April 19, 2010

Salibsury Steak with Gememlli

Salibsury Steak with Gememlli
Taste of Home (can you tell I love that magazine!)

1 egg
1/2 c soft bread crumbs
1 t italian seasoning
1/2 t pepper
1/2 t minced garlic
1 lbs. ground beef
1 T olive oil
1 c sliced fresh mushrooms
2 T all-purpose flour
1 c chicken brith
1 T ktechup
1 t worchestershire sauce
Hot cooked gemelli or spriral pasta

1 In a large bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, italian seasong, pepper and garlic.  Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.  Shape into four patties.

2 In a large skillet, cook patties in oil over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink.  Remove and keep warm.

3 Drain, reserving 2 T drippings.  Saute mushrooms in drippings until tender.  Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in the broth, ketchup and worchestershire sauce.  Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.

4 Return patties to the skiller.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.  Serve with butter gemelli.

** Some adjustments I made: Instead of 4 meat patties, I made 6 because I don't like such huge mounds of meat.  Also, I am a sauce lover so I tripled the sauce and doubled the mushrooms.  Overall the recipe was yummy, and I would definitely make it again

No comments:

Post a Comment