background

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Non-Dairy Potato Salad

Since I cannot eat dairy, not being able to eat potato salad has been a difficult one for me.  That is why I was so excited to find this recipe.  Don't let the garlic, onions, and scallions scare you away.  They all tend to balance perfectly with the tangy Dijon dressing.


Non-Dairy Potato Salad

2 lbs red potatoes, cooked and cubed ( skin on or off ... I prefer it on)
1 small red onion,  thinly sliced
1/2 cup black olives, sliced
2 scallions or green onions, sliced

Dressing:
1/4 cup + 2T olive oil
2 T red wine vinegar
1 cloved garlic, minced
1 T Dijon mustard
1/2 t salt
1/4 t pepper

*Combine onion, olives, scallions and cubed potatoes in a salad bowl.  In a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingrediants.  Pour over salad, mixing well.  You can eat right away, but I think it tastes better after chilling a few hours in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment